WhatsApp is the world's most popular messaging app — with over one billion users in more than 180 countries. It's an easy, fast and secure way for people to stay touch with friends and family anytime, anywhere. We're looking for someone to lead WhatsApp's communications in India — where more people use the app than any other country. This is a full-time position based in Gurgaon or New Delhi. Our ideal candidate would be:
* An energetic, optimistic self starter;
* A strong advocate and storyteller, both orally and in writing;
* Adaptable, with the ability to work on multiple projects at once in a hyper growth tech company; and
* A team player, who enjoys working cross functionally with other groups at both Facebook and WhatsApp — from marketing and public policy to product, legal and the business.
- Develop and maintain deep relationships with the media and opinion elites across India
- Create and implement a long term communications strategy for India to support WhatsApp’s brand as well as the growth of the app amongst consumers and businesses
- Manage the day to day tactics of communications in India -- from proactive pitches highlighting positive uses of the product to feature launches, partnerships or marketing campaigns as well as handling issues as they arise
- Manage WhatsApp’s external PR agency
- Prepare concise, well written briefing materials for use across the whole team, and by executives
Work closely with the WhatsApp team in California, as well as Facebook’s teams on the ground in India.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years of communications or public relations experience. We're also open to people wanting a career change, e.g. from journalism or public affairs
- Must be fluent in English
- Deep knowledge of India.