How do I change my notification settings?
You can customize the notifications that alert you to new WhatsApp messages on Windows Phone.
To change your notification settings:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap the three dots at the bottom of the screen > settings.
- Select notification tones to select the tone of your choice for individual or group messages.
Select chat settings > Show Message in Notification to choose to show or not to show the message in the notification bar.
- The notification tone settings are available only for Windows Phone 8 Update 3 (GDR 3).
- The notification tone settings you choose will only work when the app is running in the background.
- There is currently no way to disable the notification bar.
- To fully activate your notification tone settings, please make sure your phone's notifications are not set to "silent".
WhatsApp Support Team