How do I save my chat history?
Your WhatsApp messages are automatically backed up and saved on your phone's memory daily. If you delete WhatsApp from your Windows Phone and don't want to lose any of your messages, be sure to manually back up or export your chats before uninstalling.
To back up your chats:
- In the main chats screen, tap the three dots in the bottom right hand corner.
- Tap settings > chat settings.
- Tap backup.
If you want to restore the backup, please see this FAQ article.
To export your chats:
If you would like to keep a record of your messages on a computer or in email, you can email yourself individual chat histories. Please follow these steps:
- Open the chat you wish to export.
- Tap the three dots in the bottom right hand corner > info or group info.
- Tap the three dots in the bottom right hand corner > email chat history.
Note: You may not be able to email your entire chat history due to Windows Mail size restrictions.
WhatsApp Support Team