How do I save my chat history?
Your WhatsApp messages are automatically backed up and saved in your phone's memory daily. If you delete WhatsApp from your Windows Phone and don't want to lose your messages, be sure to manually back up or export your chats before uninstalling.
To back up your chats
- Open WhatsApp and tap More > settings > chats and calls.
- Tap backup.
If you want to restore the backup, please read this FAQ article.
To export your chats
If you would like to keep a record of your messages on a computer or in an email, you can email yourself individual chats. Please follow these steps:
- Open the chat you wish to export.
- Tap More > info or group info.
- Tap More > email chat history.
- You may not be able to email your entire chat history due to Windows Mail size restrictions.
- It is not possible to attach media in the email at this time.
WhatsApp Support Team