Your WhatsApp messages are automatically backed up and saved in your phone's memory daily. If you delete WhatsApp from your Windows Phone and don't want to lose your messages, be sure to manually back up or export your chats before uninstalling.
To back up your chats
- Open WhatsApp and tap More > settings > chats and calls.
- Tap backup.
If you want to restore the backup, please read this FAQ article.
To export your chats
If you would like to keep a record of your messages on a computer or in an email, you can email yourself individual chats. Please follow these steps:
- Open the chat you wish to export.
- Tap More > info or group info.
- Tap More > email chat history.
- Your chat history will be attached to the generated email as a .txt file (Windows Phone 8.1 and later) or pasted into the body of the email (Windows Phone 7 and 8.0).
- It is not possible to attach chat media in the email at this time.
Learn how to save chat history on: Android | iPhone | Nokia S40 | BlackBerry | Nokia S60 | BlackBerry 10
WhatsApp Support Team