I cannot connect to WhatsApp!
We recommend that you try these steps to resolve your connectivity issues:
- Make sure you have the latest version of WhatsApp for your phone available here.
- Check to make sure that your phone is connected to the internet with a strong signal. Try opening a webpage.
- Check to make sure your phone is not using a WAP only connection. WhatsApp uses non-HTTP/non-web socket data channels to send and receive messages, so you will need a data plan in order to use WhatsApp on your Nokia phone.
- Check to make sure your phone is not using a proxy connection. If you are not sure your phone uses this type of connection, we recommend you contact your mobile provider and ask them.
- If you still cannot connect, try rebooting your phone.
Connection issues are usually caused by your phone settings, or problems with your internet connection or mobile provider. In most cases, internet connection problems are temporary and your messages will be sent and received as soon as you move to a place with a stronger signal.
If the steps above do not help, your mobile provider may be blocking the specific data channel that WhatsApp uses to send and receive messages. In this case, call your mobile provider and ask for steps to unblock non-HTTP/non-web socket connections. They may be able to help you configure your phone.
It's also important to consider that sometimes messages take a while to send and receive. There are many reasons a message might take a while to be delivered to the other person and only display a single check mark. For example: your friend's phone may be turned off, they may not have any data credits left, or they may be in a spot out of coverage.
WhatsApp Support Team