백업파일 저장 또는 복원 하기
If you have an S60 phone (only), your WhatsApp conversations are saved automatically every day at 4am (your local time). The backup files prevent you from losing your chat history if:
- You need to delete and reinstall WhatsApp
- You need to transfer your chat history to another S60 phone
- You need to factory reset your phone
Before you perform any of the above actions, you may also want to run a manual back up. This is useful when you want to save messages that you received after the automatic 4am back up. To do so:
- Open WhatsApp and go to Settings > Chat History > Backup chat history
- Tap [Yes] to save messages
Backup files are saved to both your phone’s internal memory and SD card, but only given that there’s enough space. These files are saved in a folder called ‘ wa’ and are called MsgStore.bak.
If you are deleting and reinstalling WhatsApp, you will be prompted with a message to import your backup files after you first open your new copy of WhatsApp.
If you need to transfer your chats from one S60 phone to another, before you install WhatsApp on your new phone , simply copy the entire ‘wa’ folder from your old phone into your new phone’s internal memory. Or, if your files are saved on the SD card, just transfer that card to your new phone. When you install WhatsApp, it will prompt you with a message asking you if you want to import the backup files.
If you have to factory reset your phone, make sure you save your backup files in a temporary place if they are not saved in the SD card. Then, copy files back to your phone as described on the paragraph above when it is reset and ready.
- Backup files are only valid for 7 days after last saved. Make sure you import your chat history before they expire!
- Backup files are phone number sensitive: they will only work with same phone number or SIM card for your privacy.
- Backup files are encrypted and can only be opened with WhatsApp.
WhatsApp Support Team