How do I verify my number in WhatsApp?
WhatsApp requires an active phone number to create an account. If you are having problems, please check the following:
- You have the latest version of WhatsApp installed from the App Store.
- You have entered your full international phone number, including the country code (or select your country from the country list).
- An example of a US phone number is: + 1 408-555-1234.
- Please omit any leading zeros (0s) or exit codes from your number.
- Your phone has full Internet access with a strong signal. Try opening a web page to make sure.
- Your phone is not roaming.
- Your phone can receive international SMS messages.
- You are not using an unsupported device such as an iPod Touch or iPad.
- Your device is not jailbroken.
After you enter your phone number, please wait for an SMS to be delivered to your phone. The SMS will contain a 6-digit verification code, which you can enter on the verification screen in WhatsApp. The verification code is unique and changes each time you verify a new phone number or device. Please do not guess the verification code; guessing too many times may delay your verification.
If you do not receive your code via SMS, our automated system can call you with your code. Please wait for the five minute timer to finish counting down and do not edit your number during this time. After the five minutes, tap Call Me.
If you have followed these steps and cannot receive a code, please do the following:
- Delete WhatsApp from your iPhone.
- Reboot your iPhone: turn your iPhone off, then turn it back on.
- Download the latest version of WhatsApp from the App Store.
WhatsApp Support Team