How can I invite my friends to join WhatsApp?
In order to chat with contacts on WhatsApp, everyone must have the WhatsApp application installed and activated on their phones. If some of your friends and family are not yet on WhatsApp, it is easy to invite them to join in!
You can send a WhatsApp invitation via our Tell a Friend / Invite feature. This allows you to send an SMS or email with a download link. Depending on what phone you are using, you may also see an option to send an invitation on another messaging application, or to post a message on Facebook telling your friends about WhatsApp and directing them to a download link.
Please note: If you choose the SMS option, standard SMS rates apply. We recommend that you make sure you have an adequate SMS plan with your provider before sending SMS invitations.
Not sure where to find this feature in WhatsApp?
- iPhone: Favorites > Scroll to the bottom > Tap Invite Friends to WhatsApp
- Android: Select contact > Scroll to the bottom > Tap Tell friends about WhatsApp
- BlackBerry: Favorites > Scroll to the bottom > Tap Invite more friends
- Nokia S60: Contacts > Select a contact > Options > Invite
- Nokia S40: All > Select a contact > Select the contact's phone number > Invite
- Windows Phone: All > Select a contact > Tap Invite (contact) to WhatsApp
- BlackBerry 10: Swipe down from the top of the screen > Tap Tell A Friend
WhatsApp Support Team