How do I use group chat?
This is a very important question, as this is one of the many features of WhatsApp that is not found in SMS or text messaging. There are a few basics to keep in mind:
- You may add up to 50 participants to any group you create.
- You may create a maximum of 50 groups.
- Only the group administrator can add people to the group chat. When you create a group, you are automatically added as the admin.
- If you are the group admin and you leave the group, WhatsApp will randomly assign admin status to a remaining group participant. Only that person can add you back to the group.
- You can always control your own participation in a group chat, by staying in or leaving the group when you wish. Remember that the group admin is the only participant with the ability to add people, so if you have any questions about being added to a group, or prefer not to be added, please speak to the group admin.
WhatsApp Support Team