What is a Group Chat?
The Group Chat feature lets you chat with up to 100 people at once. It is a great way to stay in touch with your family, friends and colleagues. In addition to the maximum number of people you can add to a group, there are a few more things to keep in mind about Group Chat:
- There is no limit to the number of groups you can create.
- Every group has one or more admins. Only admins can add or remove participants.
- Only admins can make other participants admins.
- If the last admin leaves the group, a new admin will be randomly assigned.
- You can always control your own participation in a Group Chat, by staying in or leaving the group when you wish. Remember that only group admins have the ability to add participants. If you have any questions about being added to a group, or prefer not to be added, please speak to a group admin.
- If you have blocked a contact, you will still receive messages this contact sends into any group you have in common. Likewise, they will still receive messages you send to those groups.
WhatsApp Support Team