The Change Number feature allows you to change the phone number associated with your WhatsApp account on the same phone. This feature is intended to be used before you verify your new number.
This process will:
- Delete the account associated with your old number, so your contacts will no longer see your old number in their WhatsApp contacts list.
- Migrate your groups, profile, and chat history to the account with your new number.
- Preserve and continue the chat history with the new phone number as long as you continue using the same phone.
- Make sure that your new number can receive SMS messages and phone calls, and that it has an active data connection.
- Inform your WhatsApp contacts that you have a new new phone number and ask them to save it in their phone address books to ensure a seamless messaging experience.
To change your WhatsApp phone number
- Open WhatsApp.
Tap More > settings > account > change my number > continue.
Enter your old phone number, the one currently verified in WhatsApp, in the top box.
- Enter your new phone number in the lower box.
- Tap accept at the bottom of the screen to continue.
After successfully verifying your new number, your old number will be deleted from WhatsApp and your account information will be migrated to your new number.
Learn how to change your number on: Android | iPhone | Nokia S40 | BlackBerry | Nokia S60 | BlackBerry 10
WhatsApp Support Team