The Change Number feature allows you to change the phone number associated with your WhatsApp account on the same phone. This feature is intended to be used before you verify your new number.
Using the Change Number feature in WhatsApp will:
- Migrate your account information (including your profile information), groups and settings from your old phone number to your new phone number; and
- Delete the account associated with your old phone number, so your contacts can no longer see your old phone number in their lists of WhatsApp contacts.
If you use our Change Number feature, your chat history will continue to be available on your phone with the new phone number as long as you continue using the same phone.
- Make sure that your new number can receive SMS messages and phone calls, and that it has an active data connection.
- Make sure your WhatsApp contacts have your new phone number saved in their phone’s address books to ensure a seamless messaging experience.
To change your WhatsApp phone number
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap More > settings > account > change my number > continue.
- Enter your old phone number, the one currently verified in WhatsApp, in the top box.
- Enter your new phone number in the lower box.
- Tap accept at the bottom of the screen to continue.
Learn how to change your number on: Android | iPhone | Nokia S40 | BlackBerry | Nokia S60 | BlackBerry 10
WhatsApp Support Team