Why can't I connect to the Push notification server?
When WhatsApp gives you the following error message:
WhatsApp detected an issue with your phone that will prevent you from receiving new message notifications.
You may have a network issue preventing your connection to the Microsoft Push server. Rebooting your device will help you to reconnect to the Push server.
If you still get the error, please check the following
- You have an unlimited data plan. If you have only limited data plan or Pay-As-You-Go plan and have gone over your data limit, the push notifications will be disconnected until you get back on track with your data plan.
- The network configurations of each mobile provider might vary. This may lead to an unstable network and the data connection might be interrupted.
- Your device is not on the edge or outside of a coverage area supported by your mobile carrier or your Wi-Fi network. The connection should be reliable.
- Your device is not alternating between cellular data and Wi-Fi connections. Please make sure the connection is in a steady state.
- If Wi-Fi is being used and cellular data is not available, your device must have a clear path to the internet for push notifications to be received. Some corporate networks might block the connection.
- The Battery Saver is tuned off. If the Battery Saver indicator (the heart on the battery icon in the system tray) is showing, the push connection will be disconnected to conserve battery.
- If roaming, please make sure to enable "roam" under:
Windows Phone Settings > system > cellular > Data roaming options
Note: Roaming will normally result in additional charges from your mobile provider. Please read this FAQ article for more information.
For more possible solutions for connection issues, see this article.
WhatsApp Support Team