How do I send media, contacts or location?
To send media over WhatsApp
- Open a chat with a contact or a group.
- Tap the paper clip icon.
- Select the type of media you wish to send:
- After selecting Camera or Camcorder, you will be able to take a photo or record a video.
- Album allows you to send an existing video or photo from your phone's Albums. You can also add a caption to the media before sending it. You can tap on the + icon at the bottom of the screen to select and send multiple photos. (Windows Phone 8.1 only.)
- Contact allows you to send the information of a contact saved in your phone's address book over WhatsApp.
- Location allows you to share your current location. You can choose from nearby places or send your exact location.
- Audio allows you to share pre-recorded audio files (Windows Phone 8.1 only).
- Video allows you to send an existing video from your phone's Albums. You can also add a caption to the video before sending it. (Windows Phone 7 and 8.0 only.)
- Photo allows you to send an existing photo from your phone's Albums. You can tap on the + icon at the bottom of the screen to select and send multiple photos. You can also add a caption to the photo before sending it. (Windows Phone 7 and 8.0 only.)
To forward media over WhatsApp
- In a chat screen, long press the text or media message that you wish to forward (please note: media captions will not be forwarded).
- Tap forward and select the contact or group to whom you wish to forward the message or media.
- Tap yes on the confirmation screen.
Currently it is not possible to select multiple messages.
When you forward a media file, the file will not be uploaded again. This is done intentionally to lower data consumption.
WhatsApp Support Team