How do I send media, contacts, or location?
To send media over WhatsApp
- Open a chat with a contact or a group.
- Tap the paper clip icon (the one in the middle).
- Select the type of media you wish to send:
- After selecting Camcorder or Camera, you will be able to record video or take a photo.
- Photo allows you to choose and send an existing photo from your phone's Albums. You can tap on the + icon at the bottom of the screen to select and send multiple photos. You can also add a caption to the photo before sending it.
- Video allows you to choose and send an existing video from your phone's Albums. You can also add a caption to the video before sending it.
- Contact allows you to send the information of a contact saved in your phone's address book over WhatsApp.
- Location allows you to share your current location. You can choose from nearby places or send your exact location.
To forward media over WhatsApp
- In a chat screen, select the message that contains the media you want to forward.
- Long press the selected message.
- Tap forward and select the contact to whom you wish to forward the media.
- Tap yes on the confirmation screen.
Note: When you forward a media file, the file does not upload again. This helps you use less data.
WhatsApp Support Team