You can stop receiving WhatsApp messages from certain contacts by blocking them. Learn more about what happens when you block someone in this article.
To block an unknown number
If you receive a message from an unknown number, there are two ways to block that person.
- Open the chat with the number you wish to block.
- Choose a method of blocking:
- More > block and confirm by tapping block.
- If you received an initial message from an unknown number you will have option to block that contact and report spam. Tap block and confirm by tapping block.
To block a contact
- Open WhatsApp and tap More > settings > contacts > blocked contacts.
- Tap the plus icon (+) on the bottom of the screen to select contacts you wish to block.
To unblock a contact
- Follow the steps above to enter the blocked contacts screen.
- Long press the contact you wish to unblock.
- Choose unblock.
Learn how to block or unblock a contact on: Android | iPhone | Nokia S40 | BlackBerry | Nokia S60 | BlackBerry 10
WhatsApp Support Team