How do I block or unblock a contact?
You can stop receiving WhatsApp messages from certain contacts by blocking them. Not sure what happens when you block someone? Learn more here.
To block an unknown number that has sent you a message:
- Open the chat with that number.
- Tap the three dots in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
- Select block and tap yes.
To block a contact:
- In the main chats screen, tap the three dots in the bottom right hand corner.
- Select settings.
- Tap contacts > blocked contacts.
- Tap the (+) to select contacts to block.
To unblock a contact:
- Follow the steps above to enter the blocked list screen.
- Long press the contact you wish to unblock.
- Choose unblock.
WhatsApp Support Team