Verifying your phone number in WhatsApp
If you're having trouble verifying your phone number, follow these steps:
- Double check that you have input the correct phone number for your phone.
- Your country code will go in the first box. If you do not know it, you can find it here.
- Enter your phone number in the second box. Do not put any extra 0s before your number.
- Ensure that you have a data plan from your mobile provider and you have an internet connection. If you are roaming, you may not be able to verify your number at this time.
- Check that you have set your date+time to Set automatically, by going to Windows Phone settings > date+time.
- Reboot your phone.
- Check your SMS credits and payments.
- Wait until the verification time counter is complete.
If SMS verification fails, please wait to see the option to try voice verification.
- Press the button call me to receive the call.
- Answer the call and listen for 6 numbers in a row.
- Enter these numbers in that order into the box displayed on the screen.
WhatsApp Support Team