WhatsApp will send you an SMS message containing a code you will use to verify your number. If the SMS verification does not work, you will have an option to verify by receiving a phone call with the code.
If you did not receive your code, check the following
- You entered your number correctly in the full international format with your country and area code (if applicable). Do not put any extra 0’s before your number.
- Your phone has full Internet access with a strong signal. Try opening a web page on your phone to make sure you’re connected to the Internet. If you think you have a connection problem, please read here.
- Your phone’s date and time are configured to Set automatically. To check, go to Windows Phone Settings > system > date+time.
- Reboot your phone (power off, wait for a few seconds, and power on).
- Check your SMS credits and payments. Confirm with your mobile provider that you are able to receive SMS messages and/or phone calls.
- Wait until the verification time counter is complete. This may take up to five minutes, so please be patient.
- If you do not receive your code via SMS after five minutes, you will see the call me option. If you select this option and do not receive the call, make sure that you do not have any form of call screening turned on, and confirm with your mobile provider you can receive phone calls.
If all this fails:
- please try again using the steps listed above,
- there might be an issue with your mobile provider or phone,
- you might have to contact your mobile provider to configure your APN (Access Point Name) settings.
As a final step, if you still have not received your code, then please uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.
Learn how to verify on: Android | iPhone | Nokia S40 | BlackBerry | Nokia S60 | BlackBerry 10
WhatsApp Support Team