How do I delete my account?
You can delete your account from within WhatsApp.
WARNING! Deleting your account is an irreversible process, we cannot undo a deletion if you complete the process by accident.
Deleting your account will do the following
- Delete your account from WhatsApp.
- Delete you from your friends' WhatsApp Favorites lists.
- Delete you from all WhatsApp groups.
- Erase your message history on your phone.
- Delete your WhatsApp service payment information.
To delete your WhatsApp account
- Ensure that you have the latest version of WhatsApp. Check the Store to see if there are any updates for WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp and tap the three dots located in the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap settings > account.
- Tap delete account and enter your phone number in the full international format. Press continue at the bottom of the screen to finish deleting your account.
Please note that we cannot delete your account for you.
WhatsApp Support Team