How come I don't get WhatsApp notifications?
To ensure the prompt delivery of WhatsApp message notifications, your phone must be configured properly.
Some tips on how to configure your notifications
- Notifications on Windows Phone require a strong network connection.
- If your phone has a bad internet connection, or is on the edge or outside of a coverage area, it may take some time before WhatsApp is able to reconnect to your phone and send you notifications.
- If the Battery Saver is enabled, notifications will not get delivered to conserve the battery. Please turn the Battery Saver off under Windows Phone Settings > battery saver > Off.
- Ensure WhatsApp is pinned to start. That way, if you miss a notification, you can still see an unread message count on the live tile.
- Ensure your ringer is on and the All other notifications box is checked under Windows Phone Settings > ringtones + sounds.
For Windows Phone 8 users
- Make sure that you choose WhatsApp to show a detailed status in: Windows Phone Settings > lock screen > Choose apps to show quick status: WhatsApp.
- Ensure that you have configure your Wi-Fi connection on when the screen times out by going to: Windows Phone Settings > WiFi > advanced > Please check on Keep WiFi on when screen times out.
- Make sure to turn off your Restrict background data in Data Sense application: swipe the screen to the application list > Data Sense > settings > Restrict background data > Off.
Please check this article if you have issue connecting to the Push notification server.
WhatsApp Support Team