How do I change my phone number?
The Change Number feature allows you to change the phone number associated with your WhatsApp account on the same phone. This feature is intended to be used before you verify your new number.
Using the Change Number feature in WhatsApp will:
- Migrate your account information (including your profile information), groups and settings from your old phone number to your new phone number; and
- Delete the account associated with your old phone number, so your contacts can no longer see your old phone number in their lists of WhatsApp contacts.
If you use our Change Number feature, your chat history will continue to be available on your phone with the new phone number as long as you continue using the same phone.
To change your WhatsApp phone number
- Open WhatsApp.
- Go to Options > About > Account info > Change my number.
- Simply enter your old number and new number.
- Follow the instructions to verify your new phone number.
You can also change your WhatsApp number on Nokia S60 phones by simply inserting your new SIM into your phone and opening WhatsApp. WhatsApp should prompt you to re-verify your new phone number.
Note: If you do not use the Change Number feature, your account information, groups, settings and messages will not be migrated.
Please make sure your WhatsApp contacts have your new phone number saved in their phone’s address books to ensure a seamless messaging experience.
WhatsApp Support Team