How do I contact support?
Contacting us from within the WhatsApp application
This is the best way to contact WhatsApp support. Unfortunately, starting on November 17, 2014, the mail app for Nokia Asha and Series 40 (S40) phones is discontinued as announced in this Microsoft's FAQ page. So currently, this option is only available for Nokia EVO phones (501/502/503).
To contact WhatsApp support from your EVO phones:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to display Options.
- Tap Settings > About > Options > Contact Support.
- Write a detailed description of your problem and tap Next. You will be redirected to your mail app.
- Send the email.
Contacting WhatsApp by email
You can access your email account from your phone’s browser and send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, describing the problem you are experiencing. Please include this information in your email:
- Detailed description of your problem.
- Any error message that you see.
- Your phone number in full international format.
- Any information about your phone (operating system, model, etc.)
- Log files which are files named “BG-WhatsAppLog.txt” and “FG-WhatsAppLog.txt” saved on your memory card.
Here are some ways to get log files from your phone:
- For EVO phones: Go to your phone’s Menu > File > Memory card > WhatsApp.
- For other phones: Go to your phone’s Menu > Apps > Gallery > Memory card > WhatsApp.
Please note, log files are always saved in the memory card. If your phone does not have a memory card, you will not have any log files.
Contacting WhatsApp from the Ovi Store
While this is possible, we do not recommend it. If you contact us from the Ovi Store, we are not able to see your basic account information. We can best help you if we have this information attached to your email.
We also recommend downloading WhatsApp from our website. In order to install the newest version, please go to our download page http://www.whatsapp.com/s40 in your phone's Internet browser.
WhatsApp Support Team