How do I broadcast a message?
With the Broadcast Message feature you can send a message to several of your friends at once.
Broadcast Lists are saved lists of message recipients that you can repeatedly send Broadcast Messages to, without having to select them each time.
Creating a Broadcast List
- Open WhatsApp and go to the Chats screen.
- Select Options > New Broadcast List.
- Select Add to broadcast list and add recipients.
- At the bottom of the screen select Save > Create.
This will create a new list of broadcast recipients. When you send a message to the Broadcast List, it will send to all recipients in the list. The recipients will receive the message as a normal message. When they reply, it will appear as a normal message in your Chats screen; their reply will not send to other recipients in the Broadcast List.
Note: only contacts who have added you to their contact lists will receive your Broadcast Message. If your recipient is not getting your broadcasts, check to make sure they have added your number to their phone book. Broadcast Messages are a one-to-many communication. If you want your recipients to participate in a group conversation, you should create a Group Chat instead.
Editing a Broadcast List
- In the Chats screen, find the Broadcast List you want to edit.
Tap on the name of the Broadcast List to select it. You then have various editing options:
- Edit the name of your list by selecting Options > Broadcast List Info.
- To add a contact go to Options > Broadcast List Info > Tap on the people group icon > Add Recipient.
- To remove a contact go to Options > Broadcast List Info > Tap on the people group icon > Select a contact name > Options > Remove (contact name).
WhatsApp Support Team