I get an error message: "A contact cannot belong to multiple phone groups. Please modify..."
If one or more of your contacts belong to more than one group, you may receive an error. Please follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- Go into your phone's address book.
- Find the contact listed in the error message.
- Go to the next contact and remove that contact from all groups except one.
- Go back and try WhatsApp again.
- If it gives the same error, but with a different contact this time, repeat the steps above until WhatsApp works.
To learn how to add contacts, read this article.
WhatsApp Support Team