How do I save my WhatsApp chat history?
To export a copy of the history of an individual chat or group, you can use the Export Chats feature:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Go to Options > Settings > Chat Settings > Export Chats.
- Select the chats you wish to export, then select Export.
- You can find the exported .txt files in your phone's memory card under WhatsApp > Exported Chats.
If you are using an EVO S40 phone (Nokia Asha 230/500/501/502/503), you can save your chat history by sending your conversations via email:
- Open the chat you wish to email in WhatsApp.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access Options > Chat History > Email Chat History.
- Your chat history will be attached to the email as a .txt file.
Note: Unfortunately there is no chat history backup system on Nokia S40 phones, so there is no way to recover lost chat history data. In order to export your chat history you need to have a memory card. If you remove your memory card or delete WhatsApp, you will lose your chat history.
WhatsApp Support Team