How do I send media, contacts, or location?
Here is how to send media over WhatsApp:
- Open a chat with a person or group.
- Select Options or tap on the Paperclip icon located in the upper right corner of your screen if you have a touch screen phone.
Choose the type of media you wish to send.
- Send Image, Send Video, or Send Audio allows you to send an existing media file.
- Camera allows you to create a new media file using your phone's camera.
- Send Contact allows you to send the information of a contact saved in your phone's address book over WhatsApp.
At this time, you cannot send your location on WhatsApp with S40 devices.
Forwarding media or a message
If you wish to forward media or a message, you can highlight the media or message and then:
- On physical keyboard phones:
Select Options > Forward to send it to one of your contacts or groups.
- On touch screen phones:
Long press on the highlighted media and select Forward.
Note: When you forward a media file, the file does not upload again. This helps you use less data.
WhatsApp Support Team