I changed my phone number, how do I update WhatsApp?
If you changed your phone number and kept your same Nokia S40, you can change your number within WhatsApp. Before proceeding, make sure that your new number is activated on your phone and that you can receive SMS messages and phone calls.
This process will:
- Delete the account associated with your old number, so your contacts will no longer see your old number in their lists of WhatsApp contacts.
- Migrate your account infomation, groups, and settings.
To change your WhatsApp phone number:
- Open WhatsApp
- Go to Options > Settings > Change phone number
- Simply enter your old number and new number
- Follow the instructions to verify your new phone number
You can also change your WhatsApp number on both Nokia S60 & S40 phones by simply inserting your new SIM into your phone and opening WhatsApp. WhatsApp should prompt you to re-verify your new phone number. However, if you choose this option your account information, groups and settings will not be migrated and your chat history will be lost.
WhatsApp Support Team