How do I reinstall WhatsApp?
Deleting and reinstalling WhatsApp can fix many problems. However, we recommend you first try updating WhatsApp from our website without deleting it. You can learn how to update WhatsApp here.
Important information about your chat history:
If you delete and reinstall WhatsApp on a Nokia S40 phone, you will delete your message history. Click here to see here how to save your chat history.
Before you delete WhatsApp on your Nokia S60 phone, make sure you run a manual backup. Learn more here.
To uninstall WhatsApp:
For physical keyboard phones:
- Go to Menu > Applications > Installations
- Select WhatsApp from the list
- Press Options > [Remove]
For touch screen phones:
- Open the Menu
- Long press on the WhatsApp icon
- Click on [Delete] on the pop-up menu
To install WhatsApp:
- Confirm that your phone is supported here.
- Go to our website on your phone and download the latest version.
- When the download finishes, tap the the filename and follow the on-screen instructions.
WhatsApp Support Team