How do I block or unblock a contact?
Blocking contacts will prevent messages they send from reaching you and prevent them to see some of your information. You can read this article to see what blocking does exactly.
A. To block contacts:
For Nokia S60 phones:
- On WhatsApp's main screen go to Options > Settings > General > Blocked
- Click on the contact you wish to block
- Click Back (or the arrow sign) and select Yes to save the changes.
For Nokia S40 phones:
- Open WhatsApp
- Go to Options > Settings > Blocked Contacts > Options > Add Contact
- Choose the contact you wish to block.
B. To block a number that is not saved on your phone, follow these steps:
- Open the chat window with the unknown contact
- Go to Options > Block
C. To unblock contacts
- On WhatsApp's main screen go to Options > Settings > General > Blocked for S60 phones, or Options > Settings > Blocked Contacts for S40 phones.
- Select the contact you wish to unblock
- Click Options > Unblock
Alternatively, you can just simply send a message to the contact you blocked and you will be prompted with a message to unblock that contact.
Want to delete someone from your Favorites or contacts list? Read this.
WhatsApp Support Team