How can I change my WhatsApp phone number?
The Change Number feature allows you to change the phone number associated with your WhatsApp account on the same phone. This feature is intended to be used before you verify your new number.
This process will:
- Delete the account associated with your old number, so your contacts will no longer see your old number in their lists of WhatsApp contacts.
- Migrate your groups, profile, and chat history to the account with your new number.
Please follow these steps to change your account phone number:
- Go to Settings > Account > Change Number.
- Enter your current WhatsApp phone number in the first box.
- Enter your new phone number in the second box.
- Tap Done to continue.
After successfully verifying your new number, your old account information will be migrated to your new number. Please make sure your WhatsApp contacts have your new phone number saved in their phones' address books to ensure a seamless messaging experience.
WhatsApp Support Team