How do I use a Broadcast List?
With the Broadcast List feature, you can send a message to several of your friends at once.
Broadcast Lists are saved lists of message recipients that you can repeatedly send broadcast messages to without having to select them each time.
Creating a Broadcast List
To create a Broadcast List:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap the Broadcast Lists button at the top of the Chats screen.
- Tap New List at the bottom of the Broadcast Lists screen.
- Type your contacts' names or press the (+) button to choose from your contact list.
- Tap Create.
This will create a new Broadcast List. When you send a message to the Broadcast List, it will send to all recipients in the list who have your number saved in their phones' address book. The recipients will receive the message as a normal message. When they reply, it will appear as a normal message in your Chats screen; their reply will not be sent to other recipients in the Broadcast List.
Editing a Broadcast List
- Open your Broadcast Lists.
- Tap the (i) button on the List you want to edit.
- At the list Info screen, you can:
- Change the name of your Broadcast List.
- Add or remove recipients from the list by tapping Edit list...
WhatsApp Support Team