How do I broadcast a message?
With the Broadcast Message feature you can send a message to several of your friends at once.
Broadcast Lists are saved lists of message recipients that you can repeatedly send Broadcast Messages to, without having to select them each time.
Creating a Broadcast List
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap the Broadcast Lists button at the top of the Chats screen.
- Tap New List at the bottom of the Broadcast Lists screen.
- Type your contacts' names or press the (+) button to choose from your contact list.
- Tap Create.
This will create a new list of broadcast recipients. When you send a message to the Broadcast List, it will send to all recipients in the list. The recipients will receive the message as a normal message. When they reply, it will appear as a normal message in your Chats screen; their reply will not send to other recipients in the Broadcast List.
Note: Only contacts who have added you to their contacts will receive your Broadcast Message. If your recipient is not getting your broadcasts, check to make sure they have added your number to their phone book. Broadcast Messages are a one-to-many communication. If you want your recipients to participate in a group conversation, you should create a Group Chat instead.
Editing a Broadcast List
- Open your Broadcast Lists.
- Tap the (i) button on the List you want to edit.
- At the list Info screen, you can:
- Change the name of your Broadcast List.
- Add or remove recipients from the list by tapping Edit list...
WhatsApp Support Team