How do I change my profile picture, name, or status?
Photo and name
- Go to WhatsApp > Settings > Profile.
- Tap your Profile photo to take a new profile picture or upload a photo from your media gallery.
- Tap the text field to change the name that is visible to your contacts. This name will only appear for contacts who do not already have your contact info. If your contacts are using iPhone or Windows Phone, this is the name they will see on the push notification.
If you block a contact, that person will not see any updates to your profile picture.
The status feature in WhatsApp is a real time indication of what you are doing so that you can keep up to date with your contacts. To set your status:
- Go to WhatsApp > Status.
- You can choose a default status or create a personalized one.
- To create a personal status, tap the field under YOUR CURRENT STATUS IS, type your status, then tap Save when you are finished. Your previous status will be saved in your status list.
WhatsApp Support Team