How do I delete my account?
You can delete your account from within WhatsApp.
Deleting your account will do the following
- Delete your account from WhatsApp.
- Delete you from your friends' WhatsApp Favorites lists.
- Delete you from all WhatsApp groups.
- Erase your message history on your phone.
- Delete your WhatsApp service payment information.
To delete your WhatsApp account
- Ensure you have the latest version of WhatsApp. Check the App Store on your iPhone to see if there are any updates.
Open WhatsApp and go to WhatsApp Settings > Account > Delete My Account.
Enter your phone number in the full international format.
- If you are certain you want to delete your WhatsApp account, tap the Delete My Account button.
If you want to reactivate your WhatsApp account at a later date, you will be able to restore your data provided you create a backup prior to deletion. For more information about how to backup and restore in WhatsApp, please visit this FAQ article.
WhatsApp Support Team