Why am I seeing the message "Your phone number is banned from using WhatsApp. Contact support for help."?
If you become banned, you will receive the following message from within WhatsApp:
"Your phone number is banned from using WhatsApp. Contact support for help."
We ban accounts if we believe the account activity is in violation of our Terms of Service. Please review our Terms of Service to learn more about the appropriate uses of WhatsApp.
Be aware that the following actions are in violation of our Terms of Service:
- Sending ads or any other form of commercial solicitation.
- Sending spam or unsolicited messages.
- Submitting content (in the status, profile photos or messages) that is unlawful, obscene, threatening, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive or otherwise inappropriate.
- Being annoying to other users.
- Being a repeat infringer.
- Using an automated system or an unauthorized / unofficial client application to send messages through WhatsApp.
We may not issue a warning before banning your account. If you think your account was banned by mistake, please email us and we will look into your case.
72 hours after your account has been been banned, your friends will no longer be able to see you in their Favorites list (Contacts tab on Android).
Note: WhatsApp reserves the right to refuse service for any reason without prior notice, at our sole discretion.
If you see the message "You're temporarily banned from WhatsApp", please read this article.
WhatsApp Support Team