Why is the timestamp on my received messages / last seen incorrect?
If the timestamp displayed on your received messages or the last seen time of your friends are incorrect, review the time and time zone configured on your phone. It is likely that one or both need to be changed.
We recommend setting your date and time to Automatic or Network Provided. With this setting enabled, your mobile provider will set your phone to the correct time. If the incorrect time is displayed even with this setting enabled, this is an issue with your network. Please contact your mobile provider to address the issue.
As a workaround, please modify your date and time settings and correct your time zone manually.
Note: The time zone is different than the actual time. Make sure the correct time zone for your location is selected.
To configure your time zone manually, please follow these steps for your phone:
- Android: Go to Settings > Date and Time > Select time zone.
- iPhone: Go to Settings > General > Date and Time.
- Windows Phone: Go to Settings > system > date + time.
- Nokia S40: Go to Menu > Settings > Date and Time.
- BlackBerry: Go to Options > Display > Date and Time.
- Nokia S60: Go to Menu > Settings > General > Date and Time.
- Blackberry 10: Go to System Settings > Date and Time.
If you do not know your time zone, you can use this website to find out.
WhatsApp Support Team