Why can't I send or receive messages on WhatsApp?
The most common reason why you cannot send or receive WhatsApp messages is a bad internet connection. Please read this article to find out how to troubleshoot this.
If you are absolutely sure WhatsApp is connected to the internet, there are a few other possible reasons why WhatsApp messages are not going through:
- Your phone needs to be rebooted. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds, turn your phone back on.
- The contact you are messaging has blocked your number. Not sure how to tell? Read this article.
- You have not completed the initial verification process.
Learn how to complete verification for: Android | iPhone | BlackBerry | Nokia S40 | Nokia S60 | Windows Phone | BlackBerry 10.
- The number of the contact you are trying to message on WhatsApp has not been entered correctly on your phone.
Learn the correct format of each phone number here.
- You have recently switched SIM cards on that phone. WhatsApp only works on one number per device. See this article.
WhatsApp Support Team