Why can't I send or receive messages on WhatsApp?
There are many solutions to this problem, and we will walk you through them step by step in this article.
The most common reason why you cannot send or receive WhatsApp messages is a bad internet connection. Please read this article to find out how to troubleshoot this.
If you are absolutely sure WhatsApp is connected to the internet, there are a few other possible reasons why WhatsApp messages are not going through:
- Your phone needs to be rebooted. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds, turn your phone back on.
- The contact you are messaging has blocked your number. Not sure how to tell? Read this article.
- You have not completed the initial verification process.
Learn how to complete verification for: Android | iPhone | BlackBerry | Nokia S40 | Nokia S60 | Windows Phone | BlackBerry 10
- The number of the contact you are trying to message on WhatsApp has not been entered correctly on your phone.
Learn how to add a contact in WhatsApp for: Android | iPhone | BlackBerry | Nokia S40 | Nokia S60 | Windows Phone | BlackBerry 10
- You have recently switched SIM cards on that phone. WhatsApp only works on one number per device. See this article.
- You are using a Nokia S40 series phone in India. More information is available here.
If none of these possible reasons answers why you cannot send or receive messages, deleting and reinstalling WhatsApp may solve the problem. Learn how to reinstall WhatsApp on: Android | iPhone | BlackBerry | Nokia S40 | Nokia S60 | Windows Phone | BlackBerry 10
WhatsApp Support Team