How can I change my WhatsApp phone number?
If you changed your phone number and kept your same phone, you can change your number within WhatsApp. Before proceeding, make sure that your current number is activated on your phone and that you can receive SMS messages and phone calls.
Using the Change Number feature in WhatsApp will:
- Migrate your account information (including your profile information), groups and settings from your old phone number to your new phone number; and
- Delete the account associated with your old phone number, so your contacts can no longer see your old phone number in their lists of WhatsApp contacts.
If you use our Change Number feature, your chat history will continue to be available on your phone with the new phone number as long as you continue using the same phone.
Please follow these steps to change your account phone number:
- Go to WhatsApp > Application Menu > Settings > Account > Change My Number.
- Enter your current WhatsApp phone number in the top box.
- Enter your new phone number in the lower box.
- Tap Change My Number to continue.
Please make sure your WhatsApp contacts have your new phone number saved in their phone’s address books to ensure a seamless messaging experience.
WhatsApp Support Team