How do I share messages, media, contacts, or location?
To send media over WhatsApp:
- Open a chat.
- Tap on Action menu button at the bottom right hand of the screen.
- Choose what you want to send:
- Choose Send Picture to take a new photo or select a photo from your gallery. You can add a caption to the photo before sending it.
- Choose Send Video to record a video or send a video already on your phone. You can add a caption to the video before sending it.
- Choose Send Voice Note to send audio already on your phone.
- Choose Send Contact to send the contact card of one of the contacts on your phone.
- Choose Send Location to send your location or a nearby place.
You can also forward a message from one conversation to another. To send a message or media to another conversation:
- Tap and hold on the message.
- Tap the forward icon that appears in the right pane.
- Choose a conversation to forward the message or media to.
When you forward a message, you do not have to upload the message again, so it will send faster and use less data. All forwarded messages will appear to have come only from you.
WhatsApp Support Team