How do I use Pay for a Friend?
Pay for a Friend allows you to extend a WhatsApp subscription for any friend that appears in your WhatsApp Contacts list.
To pay for a friend, please first make sure youâ€™re using the latest WhatsApp version available for Android. Then follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp and click the Menu Button > Settings > Contacts > Pay for a friend.
- Tap Choose a contact and select a contact from the list.
- Select the number of years you wish to buy and the method of payment you wish to use.
- For an explanation of the available payment methods, please read this article.
- If the payment is successful, and if your friend is using Android, BlackBerry or BlackBerry 10, you and the friend you paid for will be notified within the app. If your friend is using Nokia, Windows Phone or iPhone, your friend must restart the phone to see the extension reflected in their Payment info/Account info screen.
If you are informed that your friend is not able to receive a service extension, you will be unable to purchase an extension for your friend at this time.
It is also not possible to pay for multiple friends at once.
WhatsApp Support Team