How do I save my chat history?
Your WhatsApp messages are automatically backed up and saved on your phone's memory daily. If you delete WhatsApp from your phone and don't want to lose any of your messages, be sure to manually back up your chats before uninstalling:
- Go to WhatsApp > Menu Button > Settings > Chat Settings.
- Tap Backup Conversations.
To export a copy of the history of an individual chat or group, you can use the Email Chat History feature:
- Tap and hold on the conversation or group.
- Select Email conversation.
- Choose whether to Attach Media or not.
An email will be composed with your chat history attached as a .txt document.
If you choose to attach media, the most recent media sent will be added as attachments.
WhatsApp Support Team