Photo and name
Depending on your privacy configuration, your profile photo and name may be visible to anyone you chat with on WhatsApp. To set your profile photo:
- Go to WhatsApp > Menu Button > Settings.
- Tap on your profile picture.
- Tap the Camera icon.
- Choose a photo from your gallery, take a new photo with your camera or delete the current photo.
If you block a contact, that person will not see any updates to your profile picture.
To set your name, navigate to WhatsApp > Menu Button > Settings and tap on your name.
The status feature in WhatsApp is a real time indication of what you are doing so that you can keep up to date with your contacts. To set your status:
- From the Chats screen, go to Menu Button > Status.
- You can choose a default status or create a personalized one.
- To create a personal status, press the
Pencil icon and tap OK after you are finished.
Learn how to set up your profile and status on: iPhone | Windows Phone | Nokia S40 | BlackBerry | Nokia S60 | BlackBerry 10
WhatsApp Support Team