How do I change my profile picture, name, or status?
Photo and name
Depending on your privacy configuration, your profile photo and name may be visible to anyone you chat with on WhatsApp. To set your profile photo and name:
- Go to WhatsApp > Menu Button > Settings.
- Select Profile.
- Tap the button to take a new profile picture using your phone's camera or upload a photo from your media gallery.
- Tap the button to change the name that is visible to your contacts.
If you block a contact, that person will not see any updates to your profile picture.
The status feature in WhatsApp is a real time indication of what you are doing so that you can keep up to date with your contacts. To set your status:
- Go to WhatsApp > Menu Button > Status.
- You can choose a default status or create a personalized one.
- To create a personal status, press the button and tap OK after you are finished.
WhatsApp Support Team