I'm having trouble with payment. What should I do?
- I was charged twice/I paid twice
- I cannot see carrier billing
- I forgot my Google password/I see the wrong account
- I always get an error in Google Play
- My Google Wallet payment was declined
- I used the wrong phone number
- I paid, but WhatsApp still does not work
I was charged twice/I paid twice
If you accidentally paid twice, please contact our support team.
If you think you have been charged twice, it is likely that the second charge is an authorization. Authorizations occur between Google's billing system and your bank's billing system to ensure that the card is valid and the necessary funds are available in your account before the order is charged. The pending authorization will not result in a charge.
You will not end up paying the extra $1.00. Read this article for more details.
I cannot see carrier billing
Please make sure that you fulfill all requirements that are listed on this Google Support website. Note that one requirement is that you must be using your carrier's network (3G/4G), not Wi-Fi. Please be aware that not all carriers are supported for carrier billing. Check whether your provider is supported here, under the direct carrier billing section.
I forgot my Google password/I see the wrong account
WhatsApp identifies you using your phone number and not your Google account:
- If you don't remember your Google password, please visit this Google website to reset it.
- If you want to use a different Google Account on your phone or are having trouble logging into your Google account, please read this.
- If you have more than one account on your phone and always see the wrong one in the payment, please remove all other accounts from your phone.
I always get an error in Google Play
If you get an error message:
"There was an error retrieving server information [RPC:S-7:AEC-0]"
or you are stuck when trying to start your payment, please follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Apps > Google Play Store > Clear Data and Clear Cache.
- Go to Settings > Accounts > Google > Choose an account > Remove account.
- Reboot the device.
- Go to Settings > Account > Google > Log In.
Please check if you are using the latest version of Google Play.
Please also check that your credit card information is updated with the current expiration date and all information is currently correct. On a computer (not tablet or phone), you can also sign into your Google Wallet: go to Payment Methods > Edit to update your information.
If all these steps are not successful, please contact Google Wallet support.
My Google Wallet payment was declined
If your payment was declined, you should have received an email stating why. Please contact Google Support for more information about troubleshooting payments.
I used the wrong phone number
If you were charged but your expiration date was not extended, please contact our support team with the payment receipt, the wrong and the correct phone numbers.
I paid, but WhatsApp still does not work
Please be patient and restart your phone. It can sometimes take a little while for WhatsApp to register your payment.
If your WhatsApp still has not been extended, make sure that your payment was not cancelled. If you were charged and cannot use WhatsApp after the payment cleared, please contact our support team with your receipt and phone number.
WhatsApp Support Team