How do I add contacts to WhatsApp?
The important part is adding the contact into your phone's address book. Before you begin, please ensure your phone is connected to the internet with a strong signal.
To be able to chat with a friend:
- Make sure that your friend has WhatsApp installed. To invite friends to WhatsApp, open the app > press the Menu Button > Settings > Contacts > Tell a Friend.
Ensure that you have your friend's phone number in your phone address book in the full international format.
Note: WhatsApp cannot sync with Facebook friends, so you will need to manually enter their phone numbers in your address book in order for WhatsApp to find them.
- Make sure that you have imported your contacts from your SIM card.
- Ensure that your friend has your phone number in their address book.
- Launch WhatsApp and wait 15 seconds.
- Tap the icon and then tap on your friend to start chatting!
- If you do not see your friend, try going to Menu Button > Refresh on the Select contact page.
- Make sure your contact is not hidden.
If you still cannot chat with your friend, contact us with your friend's number in full international format and we will check in our system.
WhatsApp Support Team