Before you start reading please know
- You cannot verify a mobile number you do not own.
- You need to make sure you are able to receive phone calls and SMS on the mobile number you are trying to verify.
- You need to make sure you have disabled any call-blocking features, apps or any task killers (for example: Advanced Task Killer).
How to verify
Please follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Make sure that you have a working internet data connection through 2G, 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi service. If you are roaming or have a bad connection, verification may not work. Open www.whatsapp.com on your phone’s internet browser to check that you are connected to the internet.
- Enter your mobile number in the correct format. This is important! You cannot verify a mobile number you do not own.
- Choose your country from the drop down list. This will automatically fill your country code on the left.
- Enter your mobile number in the box on the right. Please do not put any 0 before your mobile number.
- Tap Next to have the code sent to you.
- Enter the 6-digit code which was sent to you by SMS.
- If you did not receive the SMS, you might have a bad connection. Please wait for the progress bar to finish and retry verification. This may take up to 10 minutes, so please be patient.
- Please DO NOT guess the code, this will lock you out of the verification process for a period of time.
- If the timer runs out before you receive the code, an option will appear to request a phone call. Choose the Call me option to request the call, and wait a few seconds for your phone to ring.
- When you answer, an automated voice should tell you the 6-digit code. Type that in. WhatsApp should now be verified.
If you are having issues with verification, try the following:
- Reboot your phone (To reboot your phone, turn it off, wait for 30 seconds, and turn it back on).
- Delete and reinstall the latest version of WhatsApp. If you don't know how, please read this article.
- Send a test SMS message from any mobile phone to your own mobile number exactly as you entered it in WhatsApp, including the country code. This will help you check if you have a bad connection.
If you’re still unable to verify we’ll be happy to help you. Send us an email by going to Menu > Contact support. Include a description of what you have done to ensure you can get a call or SMS. (Did you get the SMS you sent to your phone number? What number did you use? etc.) We cannot send your code through email due to security reasons.
Learn how to verify on: iPhone | Windows Phone | Nokia S40 | BlackBerry | Nokia S60 | BlackBerry 10
WhatsApp Support Team