Why are my contacts not displayed in WhatsApp?
If your friend does not appear in the Select contact list, we recommend the following steps:
- Make sure that you have your friend's phone number in your address book.
- Ensure that your friend is using WhatsApp Messenger.
- Make sure that you have the latest version of WhatsApp. You can download it here.
- In your Android phone book, make sure that all contact accounts (i.e. SIM, Google, Phone) are "visible" or "viewable".
- In your Android phone book, ensure that all contact groups (i.e. Friends, Family) are "visible" or "viewable".
- We recommend that you make your contacts "not visible" and then "visible" to force a refresh. After doing this launch WhatsApp >
[Menu Button] > [Refresh].
Alternatively, you can use all your contacts, not just the "visible" ones. To do this go to [Menu Button] > Settings > Contacts > [Show all contacts].
WhatsApp Support Team