How do I reinstall WhatsApp?
Go to Settings > Applications > WhatsApp > Uninstall.
Reboot your phone.
- Download WhatsApp on your Android phone from here and install it.
- Note: you will need to allow Unknown sources in your Security settings.
- Open WhatsApp and continue to the next screen by agreeing to our Terms of Service.
- Verify your phone number. If you are having trouble with this step, check out this article.
- Type in a name that you would like iPhone, Windows Phone, and unknown group members to see in their notifications when you send them a message. Do not worry, you can change this later in WhatsApp under Menu Button > Settings > Profile > Name.
- If you have installed WhatsApp on this phone before, WhatsApp may prompt you "Would you like to restore your message history from backup?" Choose Restore if you would like to restore your old WhatsApp chats. Learn more about restoring messages here.
- WhatsApp should now be installed on your phone and you can start chatting.
Having trouble installing? Try uninstalling WhatsApp first.
WhatsApp Support Team