How do I reinstall WhatsApp?
- Go to Settings > Applications > WhatsApp > Uninstall.
- Reboot your phone.
- Download WhatsApp on your Android phone here and install the application.
- Note: you will need to allow Unknown sources in your Security settings.
- Open WhatsApp and continue to the next screen by agreeing to our Terms of Service.
- Verify your phone number. If you are having trouble with this step, check out this article.
- Type in a name that you would like iPhone, Windows Phone, and unknown group members to see in their notifications when you send them a message. Do not worry, you can change this later in WhatsApp by going to Menu Button > Settings > Profile and tapping the pencil icon.
- If you have installed WhatsApp on this phone before, WhatsApp may prompt you with "Chat backup found" Choose Restore if you would like to restore your old WhatsApp chats. Learn more about restoring messages here.
- WhatsApp should now be installed on your phone and you can begin chatting.
Having trouble installing? Try uninstalling WhatsApp first.
WhatsApp Support Team