How do I broadcast a message?
With the Broadcast Message feature you can send a message to several of your friends at once.
Broadcast Lists are saved lists of message recipients that you can repeatedly send Broadcast Messages to, without having to select them each time..
Creating a Broadcast List
- Open WhatsApp.
- Press the button.
- Select Broadcast Lists.
- Press the broadcast icon in upper right corner.
- Type your contacts' names or press the button to choose from your contact list.
- Select Create List.
This will create a new list of broadcast recipients. When you send a message to the Broadcast List, it will send to all recipients in the list. The recipients will receive the message as a normal message. When they reply, it will appear as a normal message in your Chats screen; their reply will not send to other recipients in the Broadcast List.
Note: Only contacts who have added you to their contact lists will receive your broadcast messages. If a recipient is not getting your broadcasts, check to make sure they have added your number to their contact list. Broadcast Messages are a one-to-many communication. If you want your recipients to participate in a group conversation, you should create a Group Chat instead.
Editing a Broadcast List
- Open your Broadcast Lists.
- Open the Broadcast List you wish to edit.
- Click on the name of the Broadcast List.
- In the Broadcast List info screen, you can:
- Change the name of your Broadcast List by pressing the pencil icon.
- Add recipients to the list by selecting Add recipient or the add recipient icon in the upper right corner.
- Remove a recipient by selecting their name > press the button > Remove Recipient.
WhatsApp Support Team