I cannot connect to WhatsApp!
Usually, this is caused by a problem with your internet connection or the settings on your phone.
Please try these steps to fix your connection:
- Reboot your phone (power off, power on).
- Upgrade WhatsApp to the latest version. Go to our website and press Download Now - once the download is complete, open the file to initiate installation.
- Turn Wi-Fi off and back on (Android Settings > Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi).
- Try connecting to different Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Turn Airplane mode on and off.
- Make sure that data is enabled (Android Settings > Wireless & networks > More... > Mobile networks).
- Go to Settings > Data usage > Menu Button > make sure Restrict background data is unchecked.
- Contact your mobile provider and make sure your APN settings are configured correctly.
- If you are often connected to Wi-Fi, check your Wi-Fi sleep policy (Homescreen > Menu Button > Settings > Wi-Fi > Menu Button > Advanced > Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep) and make sure it is set to "Always" or "Only when plugged in."
- Reboot your Wi-Fi Router.
- Verify that you receive your Google mail emails on time.
- Delete and re-install WhatsApp (Note: This will erase your chat history. Be sure to run a manual backup beforehand: WhatsApp > Menu Button > Settings > Chat settings > Back up chats).
- Upgrade your Android OS to the latest version for your device.
If you are able to connect on Wi-Fi but not on your mobile connection (EDGE/2G/3G/4G), double check your APN configuration with your mobile provider. You must be able to send and receive non-web traffic in order to use WhatsApp.
WhatsApp Support Team