How do I block or unblock a contact?
You can stop receiving WhatsApp messages and calls from certain contacts by blocking them. Not sure what happens when you block someone? Learn more here.
To block a contact that is saved in your phone
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap the Menu Button > Settings > Account > Privacy > Blocked Contacts. This page displays all contacts that you have blocked.
- Tap the Add blocked contacts in the top right.
- Select the contact you wish to block from the list.
To block a number that is not saved in your phone
- Open the chat with the unknown contact.
- Tap Block.
When you receive an initial message from an unknown contact, you will also have the option to Report Spam. This will report the user and add the user to your Blocked list.
To unblock a contact
- Tap the Menu Button > Settings > Account > Privacy > Blocked Contacts.
- Tap and hold on the contact's name.
- Select Unblock from the pop up menu.
Alternatively, you can simply send a message to the contact you blocked and you will be prompted to unblock the contact.
WhatsApp Support Team